télécharger 23.78 Kb.
A. WRITING objectives :
1. In pairs, choose an English-speaking country, state, region or city.
2. Look at « Project 2 » in your SB p.119, to get some ideas.
3. Make 2 posters :
a) collect general information and present it with pictures, texts, titles, ...
b) choose 2 special aspects of your country or region or city : for ex.
famous people, architecture, history, festivals, music, sports, food,
traditions, economy, ...
B. SPEAKING objectives :
4. Imagine a dialogue between a tourist and a person who lives in the chosen country/region/city.
5. Roleplay the dialogue in front of the class, for about 4-5 minutes. We must learn something about the place you visit ! Try to be imaginative and funny ! All accessories welcome !
Groups and destinations :
1) ALASKA : history and nature
2) LONDON : transport and Buckingham guards
3) SCOTLAND : Loch Ness and traditional celebrations
4) NEW ORLEANS : jazz and cyclone
5) NEW YORK : Central Park and Statue of Liberty
6) CANADA : agriculture and Toronto
7) FLORIDA : Miami and economics
8) SYDNEY : sightseeing and people
9) MALTA : Gozo and knights
10) TASMANIA : devil and
11) IRELAND : music and fauna & flora
12) USA, EAST COAST : Philadelphia and Washington
Questions à poser aux élèves pour les guider.
Where did the Inuits come from ? Asia
What jobs did the family of governor Loren Leman do ? fisherman, goldminers. missionaries
Who’s the most famous reindeer ? rudolf
How much did America pay for Alaska ? 7 billion $
What’s the temperature in Alaska in January ? –15-20
Which animal is the symbol of Alaska ? the reindeer
Name 4 means of transport in London ?
What are the buses called called in London ?
What is the underground called in London ?
How many busstops are there in London ?17000
How high is the London Eye ? 135 feet
How much does the clock of Big Ben weigh ? 13,5 ton
Where is Mount Ossa ? In Tasmania
What weighs (peser) 7-12 kg and is about 60 cm long ? tas. devil
How old can a Tasmanian devil live ? 5 yrs
How many different corals are there ? 3000
Which island is between the Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean ? Tas.
What’s the capital of Australia ? canberra
When is the Australian rugby final ? sept.
What do children do at Christmans on Bondi Beach ? drink and eat together
What does Oz mean ? Australia
Where does a lake become a swimming-pool in summer ? Central Park
How many trees are ther in Central park ? 24'595
When is America Independance Day ? July 4th 1776
Can you walk upstairs the Statue of Liberty ? no
Which city is under the sea level ? NO
Where was jazz born ?
Which category was Katrina ? 5
WHen was Armstrong born ? 1900
In which state are the Keys situated ? F
What are the Everglades ? a natural park in Florida
Who was the first European to come to Florida and when was it ? Juan Bane de L... in 1513
How many knights of Malta are there now in the world ? 10'500
Which languages does the Maltese language contain ? French, Italian, Arabic, Spanish, English
What it Gozo ? an island in Malta
Where can you find a special spicy cheese with peppers ? Gozo
What is the language that people speak in Ireland ? Gaelic
Which country is famous for its horses ? Ireland
Which country is concerned by the Gulf Stream ? Ireland
Which instrument do Irish people use most ? the violin
What is situated in Canada and in the United States ? the Niagara Falls
What are the Rockies ? Canadian mountains
What is the highest point in Canada ? NC Tower
What’s the capital of Ontario ? Toronto
How many people can a Canadian farm nourrish today ? 121
Where is Charlotte ? East Coast of USA
Where is the River Delawere ? in Philadelphia
Who was William Penn ? founder of the city Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
How are the lakes called in Scotland ? lochs
Where and when is the Military Tattoo ? Edinburgh / August
Which drink is made of barley (=orge) ? whiskey
8B3/EU /Sept. 05
«objectives» d’un changement sur les conditions de travail ne suffit pas à prédire le niveau d’adhésion que ce changement suscitera....